Outdoor Recreation Permits
Anyone >= 16 YOA needs an Eglin permit and photo ID while on the Eglin reservation.
- Please verify you have the correct permit(s) in your cart Items BEFORE proceeding to check-out. Before selecting the make payment button on the check-out screen please re-verify you have the correct permit(s) you intend to purchase. Credit card permit sale refunds take weeks and weeks to process the paperwork through pay.gov..
- Permits are non-transferable.
- Permits are valid for 365 days from the time of issue, unless otherwise noted on the permit.
- Each person seeking a permit MUST have their own iSportsman account. Individuals cannot share an account to purchase permits.
- All permits purchased will have the account holder's name populated on the requested permit.
If you have a question about a particular permit or the type of permit you need, PLEASE call the NRO customer service desk (Jackson Guard) before you make an online permit purchase.
Outdoor Recreation Permits
Eglin permits fees are for both residents & non-residents
Recreation / Fishing Permit .......... Daily $5.00 Annual $30.00 (Beginning 1 Oct 22)
The Recreation / Fishing Permit authorizes all general recreation activities to including fishing (state fishing license also required), pleasure driving, hiking, horseback riding, canoeing, kayaking, bicycling, berry picking (excluding palmetto berries), swimming, picnicking, bird watching, and disc golf to list a few. This permit also grants the holder access to the Hurlburt Trap / Skeet and Paintball Complex. This permit does not authorize hunting, camping, forest product collection, or access to gulf beaches on Eglin property.
If you are 65 or older you should purchase the Senior Citizen Sportsman Permit for $10.00. If you are 100% disabled you should purchase the Disabled Sportmans Permit for $1.00. Both of these options give you the same privileges as the Recreation / Fishing Permit.
Camping Permit .......... $5.00 per night
The Camping Permit authorizes general recreation activities and fishing (state fishing license also required) at the camping area and date(s) designated on the camping permit. This permit is not available online and must be purchased at the Eglin Natural Resources Office (NRO).
Special Use Permit .......... $1.00
This permit is free to civic, school, church, and naturalist groups for a specific day, area, and activity. It does not authorize any other recreational activities. This permit is not available online and must be purchased at the Eglin Natural Resources Office (NRO).
Eglin Public Beach Permit .......... Free
Authorizes access to the open area gulf beaches on the Eglin reservation. It does not authorize any other recreational activities or access to any other locations on the Eglin reservation.
Hurlburt Skeet Range Permit .......... Free
Authorizes access to the Hurlburt Trap / Skeet and Paintball Complex. It does not cover membership to use the skeet range. It does not authorize any other recreational activities or access to any other locations on the Eglin reservation.
Florida Trail Thru-Hiker Permit .......... Free
Allows access to the FNST corridor and camping, at designated FNST corridor campsites for thru-hikers. This permit is not available online and must be purchased at the Eglin Natural Resources Office (NRO).