Individuals camping on the Eglin reservation requires an Eglin Camping Permit.  Recreation/Fishing permits do not include camping.  Camping is permitted at designated camp sites only.  Camping on any other portion of the Eglin reservation is prohibited.  

FNST users whos hike originates with-in 50 miles of the Eglin reservation boundary are required to have permiting to hike the trail and a camping permit to camp at the designated camp sites.  Thru-hikers (hike originates 50 miles outside the Eglin reservation boundary need to contact Jackson Guard for special hiking and camping permitting.

Click on the link below to view the Eglin camping regulations:

Eglin Camping Regulations

Check the Eglin Reservation Recreation Map for campsite locations:

Who doesn't like gazing up at the stars on a clear night?  At Eglin reservation, there are several campsites available for nature enthusiasts who want to get out and listen to the wild.  In the early morning, wake up to the dawn chorus of birds.  At night, fall asleep to the gentle hum of the breeze through the trees.  Enjoy some delicious campfire cuisine: dinner on the grill and gooey smores over the campfire.  

Campsite at Duck Pond.