Frequently Asked Hunting Questions
1. Question: Is a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) stamp required to hunt Eglin?
Answer: No. A valid Eglin hunting permit covers the WMA stamp requirement for hunting other (non-DoD) WMAs.
2. Question: Is a state hunting license required to hunt hogs on Eglin?
Answer: No. But, a valid Eglin hunting permit is.
3. Question: If my hunting license is currently suspended or revoked in another state, can I still hunt on Eglin?
Answer: No. The Wildlife Violator Compact Act extends license suspension/revocation to the State of Florida for the duration of the suspension/revocation levied in another state.
4. Question: Can I hunt with archery equipment during the Early Muzzleloader Season?
Answer: No. During Early Muzzleloader Season only muzzle-loading guns may be used to harvest the game.
5. Question: Is my Eglin Hunting Permit all I need to hunt on Eglin?
Answer: No, To hunt Eglin you need to have the proper Federal and State of Florida and Eglin permitting.
6. Question: What are legal hunting hours for turkeys during Spring Turkey Season?
Answer: Turkeys may be legally hunted on Eglin AFB from 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1:00PM (applies to the youth-only turkey dates as well).